Monday, July 23, 2012

Theme of the week- BALANCE

I'm particularly fond of the theme of the week because I feel humans need to be more in 'balance' with nature.  I wasn't sure if today's new class was going to appreciate my Eco-Art Mission but as you'll see by the comments that follow the pics, I've got yet another class of fantastic (and VERY well educated) students.  


Today, we got to take a stroll around the grounds to see some of the sculptures. The newest installation by DeWitt Godfrey is one that I feel perfectly exemplifies how inspiring the relationship between art and the environment can be:


When we returned to the studio, we made our own 3D sculpture-paintings from paper towel rolls, cardboard box pieces and metallic acrylics.  I love that each student went in a different direction even after seeing the sculpture above:


  





Here is a taste of what we were working on as we left class today.  Will post pics of finished pieces tomorrow and wonderful student comments follow:


"I think if everyone did this (reused & recycled), the Great Pacific Garbage Patch might not expand."

And quite possibly my all-time favorite comment:

"I think it is cool all our products are influenced by this mission and it shows you can do good things for the environment and do fun things too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment